"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, March 08, 2013

hold the outrage

There are so many issues out there. Horrible headlines, questionable politics, taxpayer money going down the drain. Not to mention all the personal offenses regularly hashed out.

I can't live like that.

I care. I get outraged. (I question whether or not "raising awareness" has become an end in itself, leaving us all with a comfortable feeling of knowledge, when in fact, we may have accomplished nothing WITH our knowledge and awareness. But that's another post....)

Anyhow. I need a break from time to time. And so do you. Let's raise awareness about the need to smile - scratch that, let's just smile, that'll raise awareness more subversively - even though the world still has a lot of problems. After all, the world has a lot of good going on too. For example - you just read my blog. And that makes me all warm inside.

And thus I am declaring Outrage-Free Friday! You may return to your outrage tomorrow.

Who's with me? Anyone?

*sound of crickets*

Are you outraged at my lack of outrage? That's ok. I'm outrage-free about that.

Come oooonnnnnn ... You know you want to.

#OutrageFreeFriday