"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

morning music

At one point during our trip, we had to get up and hit the road at 2:30 AM.

I'm a morning person. I like pre-dawn darkness.

But that, my friends, is not morning.

A few hours later, with darkness still covering the face of the earth, I was rocking in my chair, singing softly, "The sun will come out ... tomorrow ...." Because at that moment I had given up on any thought of the sun rising today.

Spike became concerned, and finally convinced me to go back to sleep, snuggled into a handy trucker bunk behind the driver's seat.

I missed sunrise altogether that day.

--

Later that week, Spike demonstrated another way to pass the long hours on the road:

chair dancing, with the music cranked.







Trucker Wife Tip of the Day:
Always have your camera ready.
You never know when Spike might start chair dancing.