"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Friday, February 20, 2015

getting rid of the tangles

... breathing ...

Sometimes my head gets super crowded, because my plate is full and my cup runneth over. And not in a good way.

When that happens I'm grateful for a number of things.

  • my quiet little house (that somebody else cleaned this week)
  • jazz music and a good historical fiction book ($2.99 on my Kindle)
  • people that coach me through the tangled mess that happens in my head sometimes

There are only a few of those people. Trustworthy. Safe. Wise. Further down different roads than me. Objective. And they know me oh-so-well.

Much of what I do is helping other people through the tangles in their heads. (We all have tangled messes sometimes, let's face it.) Pastors need people like that too, and they can be hard to find.

I'm grateful for the ones I have. They help me breathe again when the load gets too heavy.

Here's to good, solid, smart, trustworthy, mentoring friends on Outrage-Free Friday!