"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Sunday, January 31, 2016

iPad preacher

Friday, my printer wouldn't work properly. Couldn't print my multi-coloured, highly organized notes for Sunday morning.

So ... Enough already. It's 2016 and all that. Use the iPad, for goodness' sake.

You understand
that if I swipe wrong
or something crashes mid-Sunday morning,
it's not gonna be pretty, right?

Paper doesn't crash.
Or swipe in the wrong direction.
Just sayin. 

But the printer wouldn't print. And I like tech, basically. How bad could it be?

Dear God,
thank you for the pastor-friend
who walked me through the app I needed,
and didn't mock me (out loud).  

So everything worked just fine this morning. Small moment of panic during the music when I remembered I needed to turn off the auto-off and couldn't remember how. Thankful for Media Dude who responded to my whispered request for help, also without mocking (to my face).

Thought I hid my anxiety well, but maybe not. 

Found out later that our Music Dude had a back-up plan, should anything go wrong, to snatch the extra notes from the Power Point operator and vault over rows of chairs (with people in them), to ensure that I would receive any necessary backup notes within seconds. 

That would have been interesting.