"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Wednesday, March 02, 2016

spoken words in print

Soooooo, awhile ago, I got an email asking me if I would be willing to do an interview. 

I said, "Ummmmmm ... Maybe ... Yeah, ok."

I said some stuff, conversationally. They wrote it down. And published it here. 


And although I do have tiny moments of panic when I don't get to plan my words ahead, or edit them afterwards, props to Karen Stiller who knows how to tap into what matters to me. I'm not sure if it's acceptable to quote oneself, but if it is ... 

"My concern [for the Canadian Church] is that we will make decisions and do what we do from a base of fear.... I hope that the Church in Canada will learn to have conversations with the world we are in, and look at how we can reach people because they are people that Jesus loves."

--

By the way, if you're a music-loving Montrealer, the Montreal Gospel Choir http://www.montrealgospelchoir.com/ is coming to my church this Sunday morning. 

9:30 and 11:15 AM. You're entirely welcome to come.

"Evangel", at Atwater Metro on the Green line, across from Cabot Square, at St-Catherine Ouest and Lambert-Closse. Park at the Forum and bring the parking ticket in to us - we got you covered.