"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

a teeny-tiny sprout

Well. I am deeply flattered.


I have a cousin, you may remember, who is a Famous Children's Author. She is also a highly skilled artist, gardener, canner, baker and seamstress, just to mention a few things. I have tried very hard to resent her amazing-ness, but I can't. She's too darn nice. Plus, she's really funny, and makes me snort right out loud with her hilarious comments, whenever I see her.


(And then she looks all classy and dignified, causing people to look down their noses at me, as they wonder how such a classy woman like her could be hanging out with someone that just snorted milk out their nose.)


Anyway. She emailed me this week, very politely asking about my life (you know, as if I'm not an under-achieving slug in comparison to her) and she mentioned that she may have left an anonymous comment or two on my blog.


I said I thought she had perhaps been by, because I have learned how to click the "sitemeter" button and see locations of visitors, and since she's the only one I know in the place where she lives, I put two and two together (clever, I know) and figured it was her.


But I was wrong.


It's her husband. My cousin-in-law, if you will, or C-I-L. Not to be confused with the paint.


I barely know him! He is also a genius. He is one of the brains that has been drained from Canada to the U.S. The Americans just couldn't do without him.


And apparently he has subscribed to my blog. I don't even know HOW to subscribe to a blog. I suspect he reads it to remind himself that he definitely married the smarter cousin.


I feel all pressured to perform now.





OK, I'm over it.


Everyone say hello to my C-I-L and enjoy some pics from my garden!







Do you see the teeny-tiny Morning Glory sprout that just poked through the dirt yesterday? It's in the centre, just to the left of the green bar that is part of a lattice-kind of thing.

I love teeny-tiny sprouts!