"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Monday, June 18, 2012

a couple of hours at the beach

I take photos with my phone.


They're supposed to somehow go to my computer, whether through the cloud or old-fashioned syncing ("old-fashioned" is said tongue in cheek, FYI). I don't think they do go to my computer. If they do, I don't know where.


So I email the photos, one at a time, to my laptop, where I save them. Then I upload them here. It's incredibly tedious.

No it isn't.
It's a wondrous thing.
Some of us were alive before digital photos and wireless connections and all that stuff.
We paid MILLIONS of EXTRA GOLD DUBLOONS to get "doubles"
when our photos were developed
over the course of a week.



There. I've dated myself.




But this post is actually about Spike dating myself. He took me for breakfast on Saturday. And then he took me walking along the beach path in the east part of my city. And then he took me for ice cream. I got cookies and cream


At one point I chomped my tongue and thought it was bleeding. Turns out a little strawberry sherbet had made its way into the ice cream. Crisis averted.



At one point we sat down and created a video memory. Then we laughed like idiots.


Hello Spike.