"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

thanks

Went walking yesterday. The hoodie was overkill, turns out - so warm outside!



Found myself a bit pensive, as I had been throughout most of the weekend. Ironically, though I deliberately practice thankfulness most of the time, it required slightly more intentionality on Thanksgiving weekend. And that's ok. 



I live in a beautiful, vibrant city, right near the water, in a small house that cleans up fast, and that is occasionally visited by kittens. From a wider angle, I live in a time and place that means I not only have friends in various parts of the world - but I can text them - instantly - at any given moment. (That concept still astounds me, to be honest.)



I have food. Ideas. A sense of fulfillment, most days. Choices. Books. Orange nailpolish. Spike. Friends. Family. 

Grateful.