"All words are symbols that represent unspeakable realities. Which is also why words are magical." (Donald Miller tweet)

Saturday, January 22, 2011

#501 - a clip show

Note: Over the years, I've changed my blog background a few times. If you can't read the text on an old post, that's why. Just click and highlight while you read - it makes the invisible visible. A miracle!

It all started here, September 15, 2006. I was blonder than I am now, apparently. I had been thinking of blogging for awhile, and started without telling a single soul. Figured there was a good chance I'd run out of things to say in about a week and a half.

Over the years, I've talked about my dentist, my chiropractor and my job.

Every now and then I've been briefly thoughtful, but I haven't done that often. This moment of thoughtfulness held a lot of discussion, which I had forgotten about. For the record, I'd like to note with relief that my opinion expressed in that particular post hasn't really changed.

This was one of my favourites - the story of finding the house I love. It included a random toilet. A lot of gardening has happened at this house. Always an adventure.

There was a brief foray into politics, which still amuses me. A number of interesting Blissed moments. A funeral-related injury. Your standard I'm-a-superior-Canadian-look-how-well-I-drive-in-snow rant. A less superior moment in which my brain left, and my mouth kept going.

I've done a few songs and poems. Spike's injuries are always a great story. Icecubes. Deep fried pickles. Patriotic socks. Jim Balsillie. Ikea. School joys and polynomials. And moments in my life I will never get back.

J-Blu, the Punk and the Bean are all favourites of mine. I love them to bits, but don't tell them. They get all embarrassed. Of course there is my Famous Author Cousin.

And Bob requested my okely-dokely Flanders-ism post, which took place as our basement flooded.

To those who have been here from the start - thanks for hanging around. To the newbies - welcome to my history. To the lurkers - maybe drop a comment now and then. Surely by now you know I don't bite!